Friday, January 14, 2011

Main Board layout

Now that I have a decent idea of what each subboard will require, I've begun laying out the main board.  It's really just a breakout board for the processor, but I've included the MSGEQ7 chip here too because the audio board is already pretty busy and this will cut down the number of header pins needed.

Front and back of the mainboard

I've learned about ground pours and how to draw them in Eagle.  It's a little counterintuitive at first, but it makes sense once you see it.   This is a good but outdated tutorial. I'm pretty sure I'll have some noise issues once I assemble everything,  but hopefully this will have a positive effect.

In other news, I managed to score $60 credit in Sparkfun's Free Day.  The servers were slammed but mysteriously opened up right at the end, so I only had the chance to answer 6 questions before the money ran out.   $60 in free stuff is awesome, I am definitely not complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment